Thursday, January 29, 2015

Anything Goes at 4 Crafty Chicks

Good morning and welcome back!  Today I have a little different project to share with you.  I am pretty excited about this one!

Today is Thursday so we have a new challenge for you at 4 Crafty Chicks.  Leanne is our hostess and since it is the 5th Thursday of the month the theme is Anything Goes.(Our Crazy Egg challenge)


Now, let me tell you- this project is not for the faint of heart!  It took me 6 hours to complete!  But, I do think it was well worth it!  I found the cut files for this beautiful gazebo at SVGCuts.com.  I decided since it was my first one I was going to try to make it as close as I could to the example.  (Now, I can't wait to experiment with different colors and seasons!)  After cutting all of the pieces (20 sheets of paper!)  I decided that I wanted my layers to have some shimmer - so I re-cut all of the layers with different paper.  Next I decided that my "snow" also needed a little something extra so I embossed all of those pieces with WOW Sparkling Snow embossing powder.  Then came time to glue it all together.  I think there are about a million pieces!  (Actually each section has 8 main peices)  I embellished it before putting it all together to make it a little easier and when I was finished I added some battery operated candles inside to give it a "glow"  I am absolutely in love with this thing!  The pictures really do not do it justice!

Here are a couple of close ups:



This was the perfect project for a snowy Sunday afternoon while the hubby was watching football.

So, head on over to 4 Crafty Chicks and enter your Anything Goes project today!  I can't wait to see what you create!  Oh, and while you are there- be sure to leave the other girls some love.  They are truly amazing!


See you soon!






2 comments:

Lori Turner said...

Wowwwweeeeee, Tina!! This is so gorgeous. I love the colors too - WTG girl!

Leanne said...

Oh my gosh girl this is so beautiful, love the details, I keep going back to look, love the bling the sparkle...great job. Love it!